Partnership Disputes & Business Divorces
The attorneys at Cantrell Zwetsch have a track record of successfully resolving partnership disputes and business divorces. When litigation is necessary, we’ve obtained significant recoveries for our clients at trial.
Partnership disputes can be extremely difficult for both the individuals involved and their business interests. Many times, partnerships are formed between people that know each other very well and have worked together for some time. As with other relationships, however, business partnerships can sour or objectives conflict. When a significant partnership dispute occurs, obtaining experienced legal representation is prudent. The business litigation attorneys at Cantrell Zwetsch understands that partnership disputes often involve more than just dollars and cents. We apply pragmatic approaches designed to meet our clients’ objectives.
WHY HIRE CANTRELL ZWETSCH
The attorneys at Cantrell Zwetsch successfully prosecute and defend breach of partnership agreement claims, statutory fiduciary duty claims, statutory demands to review company records, and actions for the withdrawal of a partner or the dissolution of a partnership. Our clients include a wide range of industries, including medical, accounting, legal, insurance, real estate, construction, and hospitality. Our skillset, combined with relationships with respected accountants and valuation experts, enable us to effectively represent our clients.
Litigation is not always the best approach to resolve a dispute. That is particularly true with partnership disputes and business divorces. When appropriate, we work with clients to discretely resolve partnership disputes outside of the courtroom—whether through formal mediation or arbitration, or through direct negotiations.
If you are considering Cantrell Zwetsch, we encourage you to review our attorneys. Each of our attorneys have impressive credentials, including graduating from top law schools, graduating at or near the top of their law class, and/or clerkships with federal judges. Most important, they are trial attorneys with substantial business litigation experience.
WHAT WE HANDLE
The business litigation lawyers at Cantrell Zwetsch have handled virtually every type of partnership dispute. Common examples of partnerships disputes that arise include:
- Breaches of a partnership agreement;
- Beaches of an operating agreement, shareholder agreement, by-laws, employment agreement, or compensation agreement;
- Fiduciary duty violations;
- Fraud and misrepresentation;
- Misappropriation of company assets and corporate theft;
- Management and owner conflicts;
- Breaches of restrictive covenants, such as a non-compete, non-solicit, or non-disclosure agreement;
- Misappropriation of trade secrets;
- Irreconcilable disagreements on critical company decisions, such as the direction of a company or allocation of assets;
- Expulsion of a partner;
- Disagreements on division of assets and valuations; and
- Conflicts on dissolution, winding down, and accounting.
If you are involved in a partnership dispute or business divorce, contact us. We will provide a no-cost consultation. Our phone number is 1-800-698-6650.